RE: New and hopefully useful website

I guess I don't see why this kind of thing would be anything
but helpful.

>the structural engineering concepts can be highly
complex<

This is another reason for this kind of site.  It doesn't seem like reading example
calculations would encourage quick, dirty and cheap solutions any more than
reading a text book.

I have to substitute the word "may" for the word
"shall" in the following statement in order to make it true:

>structural engineering design shall require sound
judgment, adequate time for review and contemplation.<  and in any case, understanding how to do a
calculation is an argument for it, rather than against it.

This site proposed to do the same thing (and in the same
way) as the SEAOC Seismic Design Manuals, help educate us.  This is a field that takes a lot of
self-education and this kind of thing can only help.

Mark Johnson