*From: *"S. Rosenthal" <levees(--nospam--at)levees.org>
*Date: *Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:14:46 -0500 (EST)
*To: *
*Subject: *Levees.Org rejects ASCE demand to stop showing video

Please join us at a short press conference as we reject a demand by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) to stop distributing our student-made video spoofing an overly cozy relationship between the ASCE and the US Army Corps of Engineers.

Two prominent law firms, Adams and Reese LLP, and Cooley Godward Kronish LLP, have offered to defend us pro bono. Representatives from Adams & Reese will be on hand at the press conference.

Councilmember Stacy Head has confirmed participation.

Fri Dec 14 at 10:30am
147 Stafford Place
Lakeview home, one block from 17th Street Canal

Since the debut of our cute, but on-target video, ASCE has confirmed the launch of both an internal and an external ethics investigation into allegations similar to the ones we raise in our video.

*Please come support Levees.Org as we show citizens here and everywhere that ASCE shall not bully and intimidate a fledgling non-profit and high school children out of exercizing their First Amendment rights.
*
If you haven't already, please sign a letter to the President of ASCE demanding that the results of the ethics investigations be made public!

Click here: http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/1625/petition.jsp?petition_KEY=324

Thank you!
Sandy Rosenthal
Executive Director, Levees.Org

You can read the complete story here.
http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.com/uptotheminute.cfm?recid=14372&userID=0&referer=dailyUpdate <http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.com/uptotheminute.cfm?recid=14372&userID=0&referer=dailyUpdate>

Note from Sandy: If you received this and you are outside the Greater New Orleans area, we apologize!

Levees.Org is your source for information about levees and flood protection in New Orleans and nationwide.

   * why an 8/29 investigation?
      <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qDdThxzuMNDUjSLdYtjPCyoRzQAmgcYB>
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qDdThxzuMNDUjSLdYtjPCyoRzQAmgcYB>

   * factsheet
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WAzGvYSOzpOT4QdSd0EOWCoRzQAmgcYB>
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WAzGvYSOzpOT4QdSd0EOWCoRzQAmgcYB>

   * news media resources
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uMJlzah9WuwI%2FNEsGhyW7SoRzQAmgcYB>
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uMJlzah9WuwI%2FNEsGhyW7SoRzQAmgcYB>

   * watch videos
      <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=toSrdboBX6Yx579MoeouQyoRzQAmgcYB>
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=toSrdboBX6Yx579MoeouQyoRzQAmgcYB>

   * printable downloads
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=UcjAUaHrixcj1y4D6pWsRCoRzQAmgcYB>
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=UcjAUaHrixcj1y4D6pWsRCoRzQAmgcYB>

   * poster order page
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=p9AT3Hz0iDa094OaPxtOggM8xQzWfpN4>
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=p9AT3Hz0iDa094OaPxtOggM8xQzWfpN4>

   * web tools
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8lpIy3qvXns2EDr%2BjxTEtyoRzQAmgcYB>
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8lpIy3qvXns2EDr%2BjxTEtyoRzQAmgcYB>

   * make a donation
      <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=BjU4FM8Hq5%2FYhwVQX8FteyoRzQAmgcYB>
     <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=BjU4FM8Hq5%2FYhwVQX8FteyoRzQAmgcYB>

If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, please use the following link to change your subscription settings: levees.org/remove <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zGE2PzHuKlzTCSoB0osNfCoRzQAmgcYB> <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zGE2PzHuKlzTCSoB0osNfCoRzQAmgcYB> Main Page <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=akr3PQi3G8Ckj3%2BDK7OSnCoRzQAmgcYB> <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=akr3PQi3G8Ckj3%2BDK7OSnCoRzQAmgcYB> - Contact <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gkTTo53tA6TUjSLdYtjPCyoRzQAmgcYB> <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gkTTo53tA6TUjSLdYtjPCyoRzQAmgcYB>