RE: Shamefully Off-Topic: Carbon Christmas

Actually very related to structural engineering.  I'm preparing some welding specs and in view of global warming, I'm changing the CVN's to 40 ft. lb. @ 140° F.

Bob Garner

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 10:39 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Shamefully Off-Topic: Carbon Christmas

On Dec 14, 2007, at 12:11 PM, Stan Caldwell wrote:

> Before you embarrass yourselves any further, I would urge you to
> take this Global Warming Test:
before really embarrassing yourself study up for the 'test' by
reading an interview with Myron Ebell who frequently speaks for big
oil on the very same topic. <http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/
features/2007/05/skeptic200705>. The article is a side-by-side
comparison of fossil fuel partisans and actual scientists--you can
take your pick. If you get curious about how the fossil fuel business
forms its arguments try <http://www.ucsusa.org/assets/documents/
global_warming/exxon_report.pdf> Then take the 'test.'

This really isn't an off-topic question for engineers, although maybe
a bit far afield from building structural design.

1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/