Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Santa Monica Seminar[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Santa Monica Seminar
- From: "Steve Gordin" <sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 05:36:38 -0800
Yesterday many structural engineers attended the 2007 CBC seminar (structural) at the City of Santa Monica.
The seminar was perfectly organized and flawlessly executed. The presentations by Ben Yousefi and Martin Johnson were right what they should be: intense - but quite entertaining and informal, concise - but touching the entire pertinent portion of the new code, informative - and concentrating on the most crucial areas, comprehensive - and pushing toward self-learning. I think that most of about 100 engineers who attended the morning and the afternoon sessions will not need additional seminars on the subject.
The price cannot be beaten, and the quality of education was, I would say, at least not lower than at some of those pricey affair$$$ offered by the industry. In other words, the seminar was definitely worth spending 2.5 hours in traffic on the way back :).
It was also good to put faces behind some email addresses, and see some old friends.
Bottom line - thank you, Ben.
V. Steve Gordin, SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: S1 and Ss by address (handy-dandy link)
- Next by Subject: Re: Santa Monica Seminar
- Previous by thread: Holiday wishes
- Next by thread: Re: Santa Monica Seminar