From: Steve Gordin [mailto:sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 5:37 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Santa Monica Seminar

List,

Yesterday many structural engineers attended the 2007 CBC seminar
(structural) at the City of Santa Monica.

The seminar was perfectly organized and flawlessly executed. The
presentations by Ben Yousefi and Martin Johnson were right what they
should be: intense - but quite entertaining and informal, concise - but
touching the entire pertinent portion of the new code, informative - and
concentrating on the most crucial areas, comprehensive - and pushing
toward self-learning.  I  think that most of about 100 engineers who
attended the morning and the afternoon sessions will not need additional
seminars on the subject.

The price cannot be beaten, and the quality of education was, I would
say, at least not lower than at some of those pricey affair$$$ offered
by the industry.  In other words, the seminar was definitely worth
spending 2.5 hours in traffic on the way back :).

It was also good to put faces behind some email addresses, and see some
old friends.

Bottom line - thank you, Ben.

Happy Holidays,

V. Steve Gordin, SE