Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Snow drift[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Snow drift
- From: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:03:33 -0500
I am doing a preliminary design for an open structure next to an existing building. The new structure will be higher than part of the existing building. I don't want to surcharge the building with snow drift from the new roof. If I put a parapet around the new roof that is higher than the calculated windward drift height, do I have to consider snow drift on the low roof? There won't be a windward drift from the length of the low roof because the new structure doesn't have any sides for the snow to pile up against. My only concern is with snow blowing off the high roof.
Wesley C. Werner,
- Prev by Subject: Small Job on the Westside (I think it's Beverly Hills, but I'm not sure)
- Next by Subject: RE: Snow drift
- Previous by thread: RE:Basic Roof Diaph. Question
- Next by thread: RE: Snow drift