Snow drift

    I am doing a preliminary design for an open structure next to an existing building. The new structure will be higher than part of the existing building. I don't want to surcharge the building with snow drift from the new roof. If I put a parapet around the new roof that is higher than the calculated windward drift height, do I have to consider snow drift on the low roof? There won't be a windward drift from the length of the low roof because the new structure doesn't have any sides for the snow to pile up against. My only concern is with snow blowing off the high roof.

Wesley C. Werner, P.E.
wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com
Phone (717) 632-7722
Fax (717) 632-8665