RE: Snow drift

    My new structure which is higher is basically only columns, beams and joists for a roof. There is enough difference in elevation that except for the columns the new structure will not block snow from blowing off the low roof.

Wesley C. Werner

From: Stuart, Matthew [mailto:mStuart(--nospam--at)cmxengineering.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:21 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Snow drift

Snow drift loading is a combination of wind blown snow from above (i.e. a higher roof) which can be controlled via high parapets and or wind fences and wind blown snow from the lower roof getting blown up against the wall of the higher building, which is much harder to prevent. I don’t understand how you can have a lower roof abutting a newer high roof and wall and not have any “sides”

Senior Project Manager

Structural Department

Associate

CMX