Re: CBC 2007 Wind Load

Who/what is on the roof causing live load during a wind event I ask?

-gm

On Dec 18, 2007 10:03 PM, Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)umich.edu> wrote:
Conrad hit the nail on the head, I believe.  Depending on the building profile, there can be a downward wind force on roof members.  If this happens, then a D+L+Lr+W can be a controlling case for members carrying vertical loads (columns, footings, roof members, transfer members).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI