Subject: Snow drift
From: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

  =20
   I am doing a preliminary design for an open structure next to an
existing building. The new structure will be higher than part of the
existing building. I don't want to surcharge the building with snow
drift from the new roof. If I put a parapet around the new roof that is
higher than the calculated windward drift height, do I have to consider
snow drift on the low roof? There won't be a windward drift from the
length of the low roof because the new structure doesn't have any sides
for the snow to pile up against. My only concern is with snow blowing
off the high roof.
Wesley C. Werner, P.E.=20
wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com=20
Phone (717) 632-7722=20