Re: CBC 2007 Wind Load

You and Scott are correct that it is in the combination listed as OR with Snow Load.

Stacked roofing material I can see as being a live load. At code level forces, I would think that whatever is stacked (say tile) would get blown off one by one by the wind (thereby reducing the live load) since it's just sitting there unfastened.

The project is in San Francisco, low wind zone, no snow load.

This is a 6:12 wood roof and the rafters will not even come close with this requirement. I usually just consider the wind as an uplift on roof members (using method 2) since I don't come across Gable shaped moment frames too much where I'd use Method 1 in UBC...

It also appears that 16psf Roof Live load is adios for sloped rafters...

-gm