Re: Special CMU walls

Jason,

We have often wondered if there is a better way as well.  Currently, we have multiple wall types (A-F I think).  We then make sure that each wall is labeled appropriately.  In fact we have adopted this method for all of our masonry projects.  If the project does not utilize special reinforced masonry shear walls, we will have less wall types, maybe only one in our wall schedule.  You are right though, it is cumbersome, and sometimes if you have a lot of openings, it can get cluttered with wall symbols, lintel symbols, etc.

Jeff Hedman , E.I.T.

L.R. Pope Engineers & Surveyors, Inc.

1240 East 100 South Suite # 15B

St. George, Utah  84790