Re: Special CMU walls

In a message dated 12/19/2007 8:30:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, jason(--nospam--at)wcaeng.com writes:

We have a special reinforced masonry job that is filled with window openings in a masonry walls.  To meet the H/3 and L/3 spacing requirements we will have a masonry wall schedule that has number of walls, but trying to label these just at the small walls between the windows is a bid cumbersome.  Does anyone have a good note, or wording that they use in a typical masonry wall schedule that would tell the contractor to meet this with out adding all of the different wall types?

Thanks

Jason

Jason:

We usually draw complete wall elevations for all CMU walls and call out rebar on elevations.

You could set up a " Special CMU Walls" schedule or table. List each separate wall on a line with a letter or number similar to a plywood shear wall schedule.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA