From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 1:32 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Design of Pavement Section

In a message dated 12/20/2007 1:28:25 PM Pacific Standard Time, T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net writes:

Don’t ask me why, but I need to design a driveway (on grade) for a fire truck. I believe the owner wants to use AC, but if he must go with PCC, then he will.

Are there any good guidelines, references, methods used to design a section for this purpose? I sure would hate to waste a bunch of time if this is something that is pretty simple.

I’m supposed to be receiving wheel loads later today.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers

Bill:

Maybe you could sub it out to a soils engineer.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.