From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent
: Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:31 PM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Design of Pavement Section

Don’t ask me why, but I need to design a driveway (on grade) for a fire truck. I believe the owner wants to use AC, but if he must go with PCC, then he will.

Are there any good guidelines, references, methods used to design a section for this purpose? I sure would hate to waste a bunch of time if this is something that is pretty simple.

I’m supposed to be receiving wheel loads later today.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers