From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com [mailto:Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 12:59 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Design of Pavement Section

Bill,

Wouldn't you design it like any other concrete floor slab with wheel loads such as PCA Concrete Floors on Ground or any of the other standard methods?  For a freebee you might look at TM 5-809-12 Concrete Floor Slabs on Grade Subjected to Heavy Loads.

Thomas Hunt

"Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
12/20/2007 01:27 PM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Design of Pavement Section

Don’t ask me why, but I need to design a driveway (on grade) for a fire truck. I believe the owner wants to use AC, but if he must go with PCC, then he will.

Are there any good guidelines, references, methods used to design a section for this purpose? I sure would hate to waste a bunch of time if this is something that is pretty simple.

I’m supposed to be receiving wheel loads later today.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers