From: Christopher Banbury [mailto:cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:11 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: timber pedestrian bridge

I need to design a pedestrian bridge to span a 40’ slough in a local forest preserve area.

I’m not sure yet if the system will need to span the entire 40’ or if it can be built as a boardwalk.

I have the Pedestrian Bridge & Walkway Design Guide from the Southern Pine Council.

The materials will need to be pulled or carried to the site so I’m not sure that full span GluLams are feasible.

The boardwalk solution is straight forward but I would appreciate any recommendations for a full span system, timber or otherwise.

Thanks.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net