From: Christopher Banbury [mailto:cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net]=20
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:11 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: timber pedestrian bridge

I need to design a pedestrian bridge to span a 40' slough in a local =
forest preserve area.
I'm not sure yet if the system will need to span the entire 40' or if it =
can be built as a boardwalk.
I have the Pedestrian Bridge & Walkway Design Guide from the Southern = Pine
Council.
The materials will need to be pulled or carried to the site so I'm not =
sure that full span GluLams are feasible.
The boardwalk solution is straight forward but I would appreciate any
recommendations for a full span system, timber or otherwise.
Thanks.

Christopher Banbury, PE
President

Ark Engineering, Inc.
PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603
22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601
Phone: (352) 754-2424
Fax: (352) 754-2412
www.arkengineering.net