From: Thiagarajan, Ganesh [
mailto:ganesht(--nospam--at)umkc.edu]
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 8:35 AM
To: Sprague, Harold O.
Subject: FW: E-Defense Blind Analysis Contest Results

Dear Harold and Jon,
I wanted to share with you a good tiding we have had with simulation. Our team stood first in an international competetion (7 countries participated) which required a two stage simulation and blind prediction of many parameters (acceleration, velocity, displacement, relative drift, drift angle ,
base shear, overturning moment) of a 4-story steel building. The building was subjected to
a three dimensional acceleration motion simultaneously. It was both a shock and a surprise to us with
a number of practicing engineers and researchers worldwide competing.

Regards
Ganesh

Ganesh Thiagarajan Ph.D P.E Assistant Professor Civil Engineering 350J, Flarsheim Hall, 5100 Rockhill Road University of Missouri, Kansas City Kansas City, MO-64110
http://g.web.umkc.edu/ganesht/ 816-235-1288 816-235-1260(Fax)