Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Fundamental period of tanks[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Fundamental period of tanks
- From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:36:23 +0000
Tom is on target as usual.
It was never the intent to discourage the use of the formulas in API or AWWA. The intent of the NERHP and the ASCE 7 was to foster updating to the more current ground motions and to present equations on how to employ the new ground motions. As the API and AWWA have developed, the NEHRP and ASCE have referenced those documents.
In the future, the NEHRP will represent more of the cutting edge of code development using the ASCE 7 as the base. You will also find the NFPA 59A currently provides some information regarding vertical seismic ground motions not present in the current codes, but can drive the design of liquid containing structures especially in areas of close proximity to thrust or subduction faults.
Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary! Check it out!
- Prev by Subject: Re: Fundamental period of tanks
- Next by Subject: RE: Fundamental period of tanks
- Previous by thread: Re: Fundamental period of tanks
- Next by thread: Re: Fundamental period of tanks