RE: Procedures

Lots of questions for a rather simple issue. IMO, all this depends on how
much you folks rely on cell phones.  In my business, I get more than half of
all my business calls on cell so not allowing them would be an example of
20th century backwardness which could hurt my bottom line.

I see little reason for any these rules.  It's not the cell phone that
causes the disruption, it's the person taking/making the call or talking too
loudly once on.  The cell phone is no different than a land line, so why
even make the distinction?

The only place I agree would be in meetings, which are sort of akin to
taking a cell phone into a movie theatre.  Otherwise, the rules are just
examples of the reasons why I started my own business.  And, IMO, with those
rules, some of your employees might end up thinking the same thing.  I can
just hear an employee telling his wife, "I swear, Hon'...he says he can hear
the 'vibrate' and it annoys him. That's why I never knew you called. He made
me turn it off."

Bottom line...seems way too anal to me...

-DB

  _____