Contec AAC

Hi All,

We've been asked to bid on a residence that is going to be built out
of Contec Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC).  I've not worked with the
material before and am trying to get a handle on it before putting a
number on the proposal.

There is an older ICBO report on it, but that states that it can't be
used in Seismic zones 3 or 4, and since the project is in the SF Bay
area (zone 4) it seems like it's not going to work.

Does anyone on the list have experience designing with this material?
If so, can you point me to some good references and - hopefully - a
more recent ICBO report?

Thanks,

Chris