From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 6:12 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Contec AAC

Chris,
Dr. Richard Klingner from Texas has been tasked to work with the AAC people to get AAC into the building code.  He knows the testing performed to date, the construction practices and what the code is intending.  He is having a bit of an issue getting building code developed.

Just because something is not in the code does not necessarily make it "illegal" to use.  It adds significantly to the degree of engineering effort.  I would talk to Richard to find out what he would recommend.  I would also bill hourly.

Regards,
Harold Sprague