Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Structural Wood Repairs

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I have done a lot of structural wood replacement and carpentry repairs. I can take a look at the stair connection if your friend's cousin still needs an engineer.  To see an example of one of my recent wood projects, take a look at my Craftsman Home photo gallery in the link below. I designed the wood repairs, plywood roof diaphragm and roof replacement on our 1912 home. We had a pretty amazing Beam Lift party, much like a barn raising last summer.
Another Structural Engineer who is available for smaller wood replacement jobs in West LA is Steve Provenghi of Mackintosh and Mackintosh. Steve's office specializes in wood truss repair and roof collapse repair but he also takes on smaller architectural repair work on commercial buildings. His number is (323) 662-1184.
I always try to recommend more than one consultant for people so the choice of who to use is always up to them.
Happy New Year to all,
Dave Gaines
in Pasadena
(626) 794-4117 home
(626) 410-3631 cell

Dave Gaines, P.E.

From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 3:49 PM
To: Seaint
Subject: Small Job on the Westside (I think it's Beverly Hills, but I'm not sure)

A friend of mine has a cousin who owns an apartment building.  Apparently, there is an exterior stairway. As I understand it, there is some deterioration at the structural connection between the stairway and the building that needs repaired. I’m sorry, but I don’t know any more about the project. If you’re interested in investigating, drop me a note and I’ll pass your name to my friend.




T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.


Consulting Structural Engineers
V (949) 248-8588 F(949) 209-2509