Debonding of precast plank topping

The loss of bond sounds like a likely candidate for problems. How were the
topping and planks bonded?

There was a post from around early 2004 from an ex-Spancrete employee who
recommended specifying using a heavy rake finish whenever a bonded topping
was needed. I think the thrust of his post was that bonded toppings are
prone to problems.

Due to some resistance in getting a raked finish and frankly not trusting
the contractor will do a good job cleaning and applying a bonding agent, we
try to avoid bonded toppings. I would be interested in how some of you
approach bonded toppings or if you try to avoid them etc.

Mark Puccio P.E.,S.E.