Glass guardrail support

I am looking at the support system for a guard rail system.  The system is pre-manufactured and only the attachment to the structure needs to be designed.  It is a guard in a residence and I am told will be 36" high.  I also understand that per IBC 1607.1 that I only need to consider the 200# load requirement.  The glass panels are wide (from what I am told, they are the full width of the opening they serve with no intermediate vertical non-glass members.

I am wondering if there is some distribution of the 200# concentrated load that can be taken from the top of the guard to the support attachment?  with a 36" high guard can the 200# load be distributed over, say 3 ft? or maybe something other 2ft?, 6ft?  A distribution would make my attachment to the substructure much easier since it is a wood substructure.

Thanks,
Joe Grill