Seismic Drift Loading

Hello,

I am designing a frame that will lean on the main tower. The specified interstory drift given from the building EOR is 1" per floor and the frame that I am designing must accommodate this ultimate, factored, amplified story drift of the main building. I know that the building codes, ASCE7, etc. try to address the fact that, because of inelastic response, design forces will be lower than the elastic response and deflections will be larger.

I have incorporated these story drifts at the building interfaces as support displacements. My question is if I apply the full ultimate, factored, amplified deflection as an ASD (AISC 13th Ed.) load case, can I use the 0.7E factor in my load combinations or must I use the full displacement because that is what will happen? I know that the full deflection will occur and must be designed for, but I know that the forces will be less if the frame becomes inelastic. The inelastic response may be a different issue than the load combination issue.

If anyone has any code or other references, it would also be appreciated. This is an east coast project.

Thank you,

Josh