Re: Concrete Anchors

Robert,

You could also download Simpson's latest anchor bolt program that will print out all the detailed calculations for you.

The Simpson Strong-Tie Anchor Designer Software for 318 version 2.0 is now available for free download at www.simpsonanchors.com.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
01/08/2008 03:58 PM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Concrete Anchors

Now that California is on the 2006 IBC, we get to use ACI's new "Rocket Science" method of designing concrete anchors.  I found a couple good design examples of this procedure at the ends of the following ICC Evaluation Service Reports:  ESR-1771 and ESR-1917.

Bob Garner, S.E.

R. Garner
Moffatt & Nichol
Tel.:  (619) 220-6050