Re: Lighter Loads in IBC vs. UBC and Enercalc 6.0

When did you receive it?
I haven't received my copy yet.
S.Macie, P.E., SLO, CA

In a message dated 1/9/2008 4:36:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net writes:
Hi,

with that transition to the 2007 California Builidng Code - I just got Enercalc 6.0 and looked at the wind module and it references the 2003 IBC  and some provisions that are not in the 2006 (or ASCE 7-05) seems like the design wind pressure part of the module won't calculate
Has anyone used this program yet for use with the 2006 IBC code?

I am also confused in the seismic module in that I have a redundancy factor of 1.3 and it seems like I need to actually math any use a pencil :-) to put this factor in the calculations.  I know this a new version and a new code but I seem lost. I am also doing this all by hand to verify what is supposed to happen. Is there anyone to set me straight??

Tim Rudolph
Pinyon Engineering
Bishop CA