Re: Out of Line Building Official?

I disagree.

We are not allowed to renew our licenses unless it's within 2 months of the expiration date. So the plans sit in some box for two months (or as happens way more than it should, it gets lost) till the plan checker gets all the other end of the year submittals off their desk and now the client needs to pay for more prints, run around and get new signatures, and the engineer needs to drop everything because the city is busy?

And this stupid policy that building departments have that entire sets need to be resubmitted when one discipline makes a minor change is just wasteful.

-gm