Re: Difference between SCBF OCBF

Unless the jurisdiction specifically states that you must use SCBF for an essential facility, it appears that you could use either.  Remember that the R values are dramatically different, as are the Cd deflection amplification factors for either system.  Also, check IBC 1613.5.6, based on the site spectral acceleration values.