about load duration factor

Hello, I am just starting in structural design.

I ask for load duration factor.
Enercalc 6.0 has the load combination tab. What I have to do if I want use the load duration factor (1.25) designing a roof rafter i.e? Or if I need to design a floor joist where the load duration factor doesn't apply?

Thanks for your valuable information

http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/