Request for a silverback at Dietrich Metal Framing

I've had a question from a local observer on a building under construction, and it has brought up an inconsistency between the old 1995 Dietrich metal framing catalog and the 2001 SSMA technical publication. The '95 document shows that for axially loaded studs, only the 4' o/c u-channel is necessary for the load tables to apply, but the '01 SSMA notes require fully sheathed flanges on both sides of the wall.

If anyone knows either the answer, or the right person to contact at Dietrich, I would be greatful for the information. I'd call directly (and will if nobody here knows), but I think this is one of those bits of trivia which is probably known to the individual who created the tables, or a very few.

TIA

--
Jordan