From: Dave Adams
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 07:32
Subject: RE: what's wrong?

Steve,

I'm not sure I'm following what you are seeing.  Section 1613.5.6 provides guidance for determining which structures are in SDC E or F ... but maybe there is something else, I'm not sure.

On a related note ... how are most folks interpreting 1802.2.7?  Automatic soils report for anything and everything (equipment foundations, metal building foundations, simple wood-frame residences)?  Does 1804 then only apply to SDC A & B?  Seems like a HUGE shift.  This has probably been discussed and I've missed it (sorry).

Dave K. Adams, P.E., S.E.
LANE ENGINEERS, INC.
Tulare, CA  93274