From: Sandman <sandman21(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
Date: Jan 11, 2008 9:21 AM
Subject: Difference between SCBF OCBF
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

I am currently working on the design of a building with an Occupancy category of IV in the Southern California area.   The building meets the requirements for OCBF Seismic Design Cat. D and is under 35'.   I was wondering if there are any other requirements, since the building is an essential facility, which would require me to use SCBF?