RE: wood floor system for a Pool table

If it was my floor, I would limit the span/depth ratio to no more than 15, use 1-1/8 plywood.  If there is a supporting beam, I'd design it at L/600 deflection minimum.

From: Pinyon Engineering [mailto:Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 11:21 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: wood floor system for a Pool table

Hi,
I am working on engineering for a custom home where the billard table (pool table in bar speak) is on the second floor.
What floor deflection should be allowed to make sure the game can't be influenced by a bouncing floor???
any experience or reference to look at ?

Thanks,
Tim Rudolph
Pinyon Engineering
Bishop,CA