Re: what's wrong?

In addition to the previouus reasons for not doing a geotechnical/soils report  for small residential additions, I believe another reason for not doing such a report is that almost certainly the recommendations of such a report will require a much more rigid foundation and thus parts of the building will move more than the newer addition and thus damages will occur at the join lines.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA
Click here for comprehensive information on stopping unwanted email.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iieeS2aPvHL4cgvaIHeFNQpyD6sCoTmpx3uzmgNflm6mTfH03/