Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: what's wrong - Soil Investigation Requirements[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>, "'sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com'" <sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>
- Subject: RE: what's wrong - Soil Investigation Requirements
- From: "Acharya, Suresh" <Suresh.Acharya(--nospam--at)ci.concord.ca.us>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:21:55 -0800
This article by S.K. Ghosh and Susan Dowty, S.E. summarizes the soil investigation requirements. Regarding the exception of 1802.2: "....What may come as even more of a surprise is that the exception for a soils report found in Section 1802.2, which reads as follows, is not applicable to structures assigned to SDCs D through F..."
"A code user may not initially recognize that the exception does not apply to structures assigned to SDCs D through F. However, upon close reading of the exception, one notices that it only references Sections 1802.2.1 through 1802.2.6, and it is Section 1802.2.7 that requires a soils report for any structure assigned to SDC D, E, or F. This mandatory requirement of the IBC for a soils report for any structure assigned to SDC D, E, or F will result in a major change in California practice where the UBC has not automatically required a soils report based on seismic zone."
Suresh Acharya, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: What's happening?
- Next by Subject: RE: what's wrong - Soil Investigation Requirements
- Previous by thread: RE: A few useful resources
- Next by thread: RE: what's wrong - Soil Investigation Requirements