Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:46
Subject: RE: Anchors & Enercalc

Steve,

All the programs you mentioned and many more will all be added within the Maintenance & Support Program.
They will be distributed with the web update system.

You can install it on any computer you have. You can use the simple "Activation"
system to move your usage between any computer you have. There is no limitation of usage.

We just have a little extra protection in place to prevent usage not within your
single user license agreement.

Retain Pro for ENERCALC users is $129 (not $149 you quoted) and is discounted from
their price of $395.

Sincerely,

Michael D. Brooks, P.E., S.E.
ENERCALC, INC.

By the way, I got my Enercalc yesterday night. I did not have a chance to play with it long enough.
V6 appears to be very nice in terms of graphics and improved interface.

However, V6 is more limited in scope than V5.8. For example, not there:
  • beam on elastic foundation;
  • combined footing;
  • retaining wall design - completely out (it is suggested to by RetainPro for $149).
Apparently, some modules (but not retaining walls) will be added eventually.

Finally, it looks like I cannot install V6 on both my desktop and laptop. This would be a serious limitation to me.

V. Steve Gordin, SE
Irvine CA