RE: enercalc V6

Haan,

You are partially correct.  HILTI hammers you will all their products and I do not believe it prints out all the detailed calculations.  Simpson's program is much more kind with only one proprietary anchor in addition to headed and L anchor bolts.  The number of bolt groups and diameters are rather limited especially if you deal with heavy industrial type structures but for free it is a very good program.

Thomas Hunt

"Haan, Scott M POA" <Scott.M.Haan(--nospam--at)usace.army.mil>
01/17/2008 04:19 PM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
RE: enercalc V6

If Enercalc had an ACI appendix D anchor design feature on it for pedestals
and footings, I think people would pay more for it.  Personally I would be
willing to cough up a couple hundred more for the upgrade to 6.1 when it
comes out instead of purchasing DS Anchor outright.

The problem with the Simpson and Hilti programs is that they are primarily
for thier products.