Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
3x3 square sill plate washers[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 3x3 square sill plate washers
- From: "Pinyon Engineering" <Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:52:39 -0800
with the new 2006 IBC square plate washer requirement for shear wall sill plates-
I have a question - In the Dec 2007 ICC building Saftey Journal publication - on page 16 they show a 2x4 plate and how to place the washer with the slotted hole. what if I use a 2x6 plate to get the same coverage of the plate do I need a 5x5 washer? It seems the tolerance for the washer placement is within 1/4" of the back of the shear panel. (what about 2 sided shear walls?) what should I put on my plans to teach the contactors how to do this? or to teach me how it should be done.
- Prev by Subject: Re: 3x studs in (E) stud wall (Remodel)
- Next by Subject: FW: 3x3 square sill plate washers
- Previous by thread: RE: L Bolts - Was enercalc V6
- Next by thread: FW: 3x3 square sill plate washers