3x3 square sill plate washers

Hi,

with the new 2006 IBC square plate washer requirement for shear wall sill plates-
I have a question - In the Dec 2007 ICC building Saftey Journal publication - on page 16 they show a 2x4 plate and how to place the washer with the slotted hole. what if I use a 2x6 plate to get the same coverage of the plate do I need a 5x5 washer?  It seems the tolerance for the washer placement is within 1/4" of the back of the shear panel.  (what about 2 sided shear walls?) what should I put on my plans to teach the contactors how to do this? or to teach me how it should be done.

Thank,
Tim Rudolph
Pinyon Engineering
Bishop, CA