Re: Estimating Software [and privacy]

In a message dated 1/20/08 10:37:41 AM, anacionales(--nospam--at)insightts.net writes:
It would be a great help if you can reply to my private email address.

It strikes me as very unfair, as well as counterproductive to the purpose of this list, to request "private" responses to *public* requests for help/information.  (Excepting topics such as personal information, etc., of course)  If help is requested from the public, it should benefit all of us.

This list is a great resource, but if we make the information "secret" we'll be just like the attorneys/courts that maintain secrecy about the resolution of failures, thus preventing us *all* from learning valuable lessons from those situations.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Structural Engineer
Richmond CA USA

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.