RE: L Bolts - Was enercalc V6

Jim,

I have not used an L anchor bolt in nearly 15 to 20 years.  I was only stating that the Simpson computer program provides detailed calculations for both headed and L bolts.  I suspect that L anchor bolts are probably still used often in light frame construction.

Thomas Hunt

"Jim Getaz" <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
01/18/2008 05:13 AM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
RE: L Bolts - Was enercalc V6

            Thomas,
                        Are you allowing L anchor bolts? ACI 318 Appendix D RD5.3.5 essentially prohibits them. Even though we almost never assume any tension on our anchor bolts, we do not use any more L bolts. The price is about the same. The liability seems lower.
            Jim Getaz
            Winchester, Virginia