Re: Decoupling of anchor bolts

Typically I have only required a debonding scheme on very long/deep anchor bolts and, where needed, have called out plumbers Teflon tape.  Grease can also work well but I saw once where the laborers tried to grease some 7 foot long anchor bolts after the bolts were installed and they got more grease on the rebar than the bolts.

Thomas Hunt

"M, Shimjith (GE Infra, Energy)" <shimjith.m(--nospam--at)ge.com>
01/19/2008 06:31 AM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Decoupling of anchor bolts

Hi
   this is regarding the decoupling of anchor bolts to apply pretension.I heard that bitumen coatings are provided for this purpose.It in practise it creating problems like concrete getting bonded to bolt by braking the bitumen coating.so my question is what is the best way which is practically feasible too to decouple bolt from concrete so that we are assured of exact decoupling length before applying pretension..thanks in advance