RE: Rebar Weight

Title: Message
I think the -6% is a manufacturing tolerance.

Bill

From: Daryl Richardson [mailto:h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 2:28 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Rebar Weight

Scott,

        As I recall, the authors of the paper agreed with your position.  They were primarily interested in removing loose rust that could be removed with a wire brush, not sand blasting to white metal.  They were concerned with excessive rusting that would reduce the reinforcing cross section.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson