Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 9:09 AM
Subject: Rebar Weight

Dear List Members,

I have the question about the weight of Reinforcing Steel Bar.

According to ASTM A615, The weight of the rebars shall be at least 94% of the applicable weight per unit length prescribed in Table 1.

It is the  6% margine that I am curious. What caused this 6% weight margine?

If anyone knows this reason, Please let me know!!

Thanks in advance.

Kang, Sung-hoon