Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Plate washers[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Plate washers
- From: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:43:25 -0500
AISC 360-05 states that whenever you have a long slotted hole in an outer ply you have to provide plate washers. Is this always necessary? We are detailing an angle at an expansion joint that is bolted @ 4'-0" o.c.to a wide flange beam. The angle is slotted to allow for building movement. The loads on the bolts are about 816 lb tension and 1560 lbs of shear (perpendicular to the slots). It seems like plate washers are a bit of overkill for this condition. Are there other options?
Wesley C. Werner, PE
- Prev by Subject: Re: Place of Public Assembly
- Next by Subject: Fw: PLEASE READ NOW - Real virus
- Previous by thread: RE: Engineering Video Game for Students
- Next by thread: Failure Modes for Split Ring Connections in Heavy Timber Trusses