Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: steel connection software[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: steel connection software
- From: Bill Polhemus <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:34:39 -0600
|We're using Descon. Seems to fit the bill.|
PROS: creates DWG details, pretty comprehensive
CONS: pretty expensive once you consider you must pay for ASD OR LRFD, have to purchase end connection and bracing connection separately , copy protection scheme is LAME.
From: Andrew Kester, P.E. <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:21 PM
To: seaint <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: steel connection software
If you are using a steel connection design and detail program, what are you using?
I am looking at Descon or may wait for RISA Steel Connection later this year. I looked online at Descon and the slides make it look perfect for what I need, and export dwg filed is DXF format. I only use RISA 2D for frame design, and neither will be linked or compatible anyway with RISA 2-D.... I am not interested nor do I need a complicated 3-D modeling program. Yet...
Andrew Kester, P.E.
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
1510 E. Colonial Ave., Suite 301
Orlando, FL 32803
- Prev by Subject: steel connection software
- Next by Subject: RE: steel connection software
- Previous by thread: Re: steel connection software
- Next by thread: load combo and retaining walls