RE: steel connection software

We're using Descon. Seems to fit the bill.

PROS: creates DWG details, pretty comprehensive

CONS: pretty expensive once you consider you must pay for ASD OR LRFD, have to purchase end connection and bracing connection separately , copy protection scheme is LAME.

From: Andrew Kester, P.E. <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:21 PM
To: seaint <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: steel connection software

If you are using a steel connection design and detail program, what are you using?

I am looking at Descon or may wait for RISA Steel Connection later this year. I looked online at Descon and the slides make it look perfect for what I need, and export dwg filed is DXF format. I only use RISA 2D for frame design, and neither will be linked or compatible anyway with RISA 2-D.... I am not interested nor do I need a complicated 3-D modeling program. Yet...

Andrew Kester, P.E.
Principal/Project Manager
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
1510 E. Colonial Ave., Suite 301