Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Roof Gardens Live load[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Roof Gardens Live load
- From: "Paul Feather" <PFeather(--nospam--at)se-solutions.net>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:46:10 -0800
If there are accessible areas the minimum live load is 100; but be really careful since even in an inaccessible area the landscaping weight can be much higher than 100 psf. 300 psf would be more likely.
We do several jobs were we have live roofs (roofs with a gardens, not necessary accessible after construction). Based on ASCE 7-05 table 4-1, the live load should be designed for 100 psf. Can anyone clarify if this is only for roofs with gardens that is accessible.
Any help would be great.
- Prev by Subject: Roof Gardens Live load
- Next by Subject: RE: Roof Gardens Live load
- Previous by thread: RE: Roof Gardens Live load
- Next by thread: RE: Roof Gardens Live load