RE: Roof Gardens Live load

Marlou,

If there are accessible areas the minimum live load is 100; but be really careful since even in an inaccessible area the landscaping weight can be much higher than 100 psf.  300 psf would be more likely.

From: Marlou Rodriguez [mailto:mbrodrig(--nospam--at)mbrodriguez.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:49 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Roof Gardens Live load

We do several jobs were we have live roofs (roofs with a gardens, not necessary accessible after construction).  Based on ASCE 7-05 table 4-1, the live load should be designed for 100 psf.  Can anyone clarify if this is only for roofs with gardens that is accessible.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Marlou