From: Bill Polhemus
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 13:29
Subject: The More Things Change: NYT Article on Restoration of Utah State Capitol Building

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/us/22utah.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

PULL QUOTE:
The quality of the concrete varied ? solid at the foundation, crumbling near the top ? and that finding could mean only one thing: There had been only so much building material, and construction crews, in finishing the dome in 1916, had added more and more water to stretch out what they had.
Wow, good to know that we've come so far in our enlightened age!

Benjamin H. Maxwell, S.E.