RE: Retaining Wall Problem

I assume that you have retained the services of a good geotechnical engineer.  The geotechnical engineer should be able to show potential slip failure planes, and demonstrate how the anchors will stabilize the entire soil wedge including the potential failure wedge under the neighbor's house.

Have the getotechnical show a net improvement to the neighbors house over the existing conditions.  He should buy into it.

Regards,
Harold Sprague